Full of Grace-n-blessings Fivefold

Doing my Best to Remember all the Blessings in my Life on a Daily Basis.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Please Pray for our Church and Town!

We had a flood last year that caused destruction, however it was nothing in comparison to this one. Tioga County (and many other counties in our area) are still under a state of emergency. We have been in lockdown since Wednesday afternoon. Bridges have collapsed, roads have fallen in leaving fatalities, thousands of people in many towns have been evacuated, homes have been DESTROYED and seen floating down the river, other homes have been ruined, or mostly ruined with thousands of dollars in damage. This photo was taken yesterday after the floodwaters had receded a couple of feet. as you can see the water is still very high and the porch steps that you see are not from the blue house, they are actually from the greenish house next door. Our church is sitting in the midst of floodwaters, down this street, but we cannot get to it until the water recedes. Please pray as we see what direction we will have to take once we get there and see the degree of damage. Please pray for the families of those killed during this disaster. Please pray for the families who have lost their homes, pets, and possessions and are in emergency shelters all over in differing counties. Please pray for our towns as we try to rebuild our lives again. And Please Pray that we all take nothing for granted, for it can be taken away in the blink of an eye. Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Elizabeth,

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. I could hardly believe the destruction this flood caused. :( How did you, your family, and your house fair? Did you get any water in your house? I'm so thankful that all our church members are safe but it is sad to think of those who've lost family members. Have you heard anything about church services, when they will resume and where?

Scott, Dave M., and a few others are planning to work at the church tomorrow. It's going to be a lot of work to get the church repaired.

I look forward to seeing you, the Lord willing, on Sunday.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for posting these, Elizabeth! I was able to get some photos of the church on Sunday (they're on my blog), but that is when the water was all down. How did you get these photos? It looks like you needed to be in a boat! We weren't here when it happened last year, and I cannot believe that hardly a year has passed and it has happened again. We have the psalters in our van, so wherever we're meeting, we will be there! :)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Carmichael Family said...

I just now saw this post, Elizabeth. Wow, I will definitely be praying. Is everyone in your family alright? Have you been able to assess the damage to your church since these photos were taken? I will be keeping those who lost loved ones and/or homes in my prayers, and please keep us updated on the situation. God bless,
Catherine

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger betsy said...

Oh Elizabeth, I am so, so sorry. (I didn't know where else to contact you since I don't have your email). My heart goes out to you...I have never experienced a loss like what you are experiencing now, but I have been close to those who have, and I know it must be really, really hard. Please know that I am praying for you and your family during this difficult time. Let me know if there is anything I can do from afar...www.catherinec108@hotmail.com. May the Lord bless you and keep you...even in this time when it is probably so much more difficult to trust Him.
Love and prayers,
Catherine

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger betsy said...

Oops, I just posted under my sister's login (I was helping her with a picture posting problem she was having on her account). Oh well, that last post really was me. ;)
Catherine

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger blessedbygod said...

Hello Elizabeth,
I came to your blog from Catherine's. I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your family. God bless you,
Mary Kay

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

We will be praying too, I came from Catherine's blog and I had seen your comment there about your prayer request. We have experienced the heart ache of losing a baby as well and I want you to know that we are praying for you as well. That God will comfort your in your loss and give you hope. Bless you.

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Grace,
Praying for you and your loved ones in your time of distress. I'm deeply saddened by this destruction.

I'm very thankful that you came by and left me a message on my blog. That sort of thing is exactly why I want to change my focus - less stuff and more visiting. It takes a wonderful person to politely point out to you when you're wrong.

Wishing you and your community better & brighter days,
Gina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home